Driller Killer

These last few days have been spent tying up all sorts of project loose ends. I’ve managed to sort framing of some of my Transmutations series, I’ve sorted Fire at the Orphanage for Art House Co-op in Brooklyn, and yesterday I managed to sort out my digital pinhole issues.
I’d decided already that the pre-drilled hole on my standard Holga pinhole lens adaptor was awful (see March 12th Pins and Needles). Initial alterations gave me a 0.46mm diameter pinhole that I calculated was 0.2mm off optimal. Yesterday I realised that my 000 entomology taxidermy pins were 0.25mm diameter which made them ideal. I completely drilled out the plastic centre of my adaptor and bastardised it using foil, black electrical tape, and this new diameter pinhole. This new set-up works with any ISO setting and any lighting conditions.


I think I’m now very close to getting the same quality and clarity as expected with my film based work. I set myself the challenge and now have tech that I know I can use. What to use it on though is a different matter!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s